1. Can you please tell our audience a bit about your studio and how you got into the skincare industry?
We at The Melanin Studio Ltd are Experts in Skin and Body Care for All and believe that everyone is naturally beautiful and unique. We also understand that most people have insecurities that can hold them back. Everyone should have a safe place to go that understands their skin and body needs. We will help you enhance your natural beauty to give you the confidence you need and deserve. We all have the pigment melanin in our skin, the darker our skin means more melanin is present. The Melanin Studio Ltd started because we wanted to give men and women, with varying levels of melanin, a safe place to get pampered and beautified.
We are passionate about helping our clients Glow Unapologetically. We offer a range of services including facials, body treatments and body contouring which will give you with the confidence you deserve.
2. What are the common issues you notice with men when it comes to skin care?
• Ingrown hairs and razor bumps caused by improper hair removal.
• Uneven skin tone caused by refusing to protect the skin from the elements.
• Body acne caused by sweat being left on the skin for a long period.
• Clogged pores caused by improper cleansing of the skin, especially under beards.
3. A lot of products in store are for a specific skin type. How can a guy tell his skin type (normal, dry or oil)?
There are many skin types and an Esthetician could help you assess your skin type. As a guide, you could assess your skin type by the look and the feel of the skin.
• If it is normal, then it would feel firm with have minimal fine lines and wrinkles.
• If it is oily, then it would feel greasy and usually have congested and clogged pores.
• If it is dry, then it would feel tight and may experience flaking, itchiness, cracks and sensitivity.
Please note: individual could have a combination skin type. This is usually described as being dry on the cheeks and more moisturized on the t-zone.
4. For a busy working guy always on the go, what is the most basic skincare routine for morning and evening?
Generally, a skin care routine involves multiple steps such as double cleanse, tone, essence, ampoules, serums, moisturize, sunscreen (daytime) and mask (nighttime).
To simplify it for guys, you could follow a simple routine that will help to cleanse, correct and protect your skin. In mornings you must cleanse, moisturize and use sunscreen. Evenings, a guy should cleanse his face to get rid of gunk and debris, tone to neutralize the skin’s PH, use a serum to correct or enhance the skin and end off with a moisturizer.
Note that the products should be tailored to the individual’s skin’s needs and goals. For instance, a person with oily skin may consider using products with ingredients that would help control the oiliness. While a person with dry skin would choose products aimed to improve their moisture barrier. This is why it is important to consult an Esthetician who would tailor your skincare routine based on your specific needs.
5. There are a lot of guys who may be uncomfortable or not used to going forfacials. What are the benefits and how often do you recommend going for facials?
Facials are beneficial for men because it helps to keep the skin healthy. It is particularly helpful for men who are facing skin issues that they want to improve upon. Facials could help alleviate acne, decongest pores, exfoliate, and brighten the skin. It is recommended that you get facials every 4-6 weeks to maintain healthy skin since this is the time your skin takes to regenerate.
6. Should we change our skin care routine for each season? (summer vs.winter/fall)?
Environmental factors such as temperature, humidity and sunshine play a part on the health of the skin. Therefore, it is recommended that you pay attention to how your skin looks and feels based on the season and adjust your skincare routine accordingly.
7. Any other advice for men looking to improve their skin care?
We want our men looking and feeling good too, so selfcare is very important. Maintain a balanced diet, stay hydrated and be consistent with your skincare routine if you want sustainable results.
Want more info?
Book your appointment with us at www.themelaninstudio.com.
Follow on Instagram @the.melanin.studio, Twitter @MelaninStudios and Facebook at The Melanin Studio.
Questions? Email [email protected] or call us at 780-707-0205.
As a gift to the readers, The Melanin Studio Ltd. is offering a 10% off your service when you mention KAHXI!